508 Alabama Street, Vallejo, CA
Contact: Susie Foreman (707) 557-5896
The Facility: Rosewood House is an attractively remodeled building in the historic district of Vallejo, California. It provides a clean and sober living environment for women who are in recovery from drug and/or alcohol addiction. It houses 6 women at a time in tastefully furnished single rooms. It has large living, family and group areas. There is a pleasant children’s room to provide for family reunification.
Rosewood House will provide transitional living environment for women who have had treatment and early success with recovery from drug and/or alcohol addiction prior to entry.
Individual Objectives for Residents
- Life Skills to ensure successful relationships with family and re-entry into the community
- Job skills to obtain employment
- Obtain health services and health insurance
- Obtain budgeting skills for stable housing and self-sufficiency
- Family reunification
- Continue and maintain a solid foundation of recovery
Rosewood House supports women who have already started their recovery from addiction to drugs/alcohol, and do not have alternative supportive housing available to them. It provides sustained living as women receive job training, begin new careers, work on family reunification, or reestablish financial viability. Rosewood House offers individual therapy and will provide a limited aftercare program. While at Rosewood House, residents are required to attend classes, group sessions, AA, NA and other 12-step programs.
Requirements for Residency
- At least 4 months abstinence from drugs and/or alcohol
- Previous completion of some form of recovery program or education
- Willingness to commit to a 6 month to 1 year stay in Rosewood House
- Ability to participate in the House's programs
- Maintenance of a clean and sober lifestyle
- Abide by House rules
There is a low monthly rent cost. When the residents begin working they will be required to save 25% of their income to help them become self-sufficient when they leave Rosewood.